Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Contra Costa Medical Career College’s EKG Technician Certificate provides aspiring EKG technicians the skills required to take on this critical role. Students who take advantage of Contra Costa Medical Career College’s comprehensive program will receive hands-on training that includes performing EKGs on fellow classmates … the cardiovascular system, medical disease processes, electrocardiography, echocardiography and other areas.
EKG Technician Salary Range
The lowest 25 percent of EKG technicians earned less than $23,260 according to Salary.com. The highest 25 percent earned more than $31,464. The current expected median EKG technician salary is $26,670, estimates Salary.com.
About 3 out of 4 cardiovascular technicians, including EKG technicians, work in hospital cardiology departments, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The rest work in physician offices and laboratories, including diagnostic imaging centers.
A high school diploma and some form of formal training are mandatory for employment. Many employers prefer allied health professionals with EKG training and certification. Certification will make you that much more competitive in todays job market. Contra Costa Medical Career College’s EKG technician program can get you there!
EKG Technician Program Objectives
- To prepare graduates for entry-level EKG technician positions.
- To provide graduates the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for state and national certification exams.
- To equip graduates with expertise in the function and proper use of the EKG machine, the normal anatomy of the chest wall for proper lead placement, 12-lead placement and other clinical practices.
- To give graduates familiarity with a range of areas that include the anatomy of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics and legal issues surrounding patient contact, laboratory assisting, electrocardiography and echocardiography.
Goals and Purpose: Contra Costa Medical Career College has developed this comprehensive 80 hour EKG technician program…Upon successful completion of this program, the student will receive a certificate of completion from Contra Costa Medical Career College. The program is designed to provide instruction in electrocardiography testing and interpretation procedures used in detecting heart disease and other cardiovascular disorders. The program covers the broad spectrum of electrocardiography, the art and science of EKG foundations and applications, the basic building blocks of knowledge including; waves, complexes, lead morphology and rhythms; and the more complex topics including; 12-lead EKGs, axis, hypertrophy, myocardial infarction and pacemakers. Participants qualify for national certification by examination through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Previous knowledge of medical terminology is highly recommended. There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
- Experienced Medical Assistants with a desire to advance their skills and Certifications
- Phlebotomists and EMT’s interested in persuing a career as an ER Technician
- Individuals interested in careers as EKG technicians.
- Individuals interested in healthcare careers.
Total Fees paid to Institution:
- Registration Fee: $75.00
- Tuition: $1500.00
- STRF Fee: $0.00
- Book: $50.00
Students are also responsible for the following fees NOT paid directly to Institution
- Uniform / Shoes: $30.00
- BLS American Heart Association for Health Care Providers: $85.00
- EKG Technician NHA Certification Exam: $135.00
For more information call (925) 757-2900.